1236 + Rep Points /
This review is about my experiances of eating in Gujranwala. Following are my recommendations.
1) Tikka. Gujranwala is famous for its tikka. There are different names. Shahbaz Tikka on GT Road is famous but i dont like its taste. Its more famous and less taste and quality. I tried other places for Tikka but the place which i like most is Nasir Tikka in Model Town, Gujranwala. Place is crowded at night. Its speciality is Mutton Nali BBQ. Large piece of mutton nalli which is made in shape of Tikka. I tried many times and loved it. If you wanted to eat good authentic BBQ, Nasir Tikka is place to go. After Nasir Tikka go to Allah Rakha tikka inside city which is near Sialkoti Phattak. His Mutton Nalli, chops are good but i would recommend Nasir Tikka in night.
2) Other thing which i like about gujranwala in respect of food is white Qorma dish. I dont know the hotel but people of Gujranwala certainly know. The dish is very very tasty and speciality of Gujranwala. You can ask any local person to bring that dish. Also ask him to bring Matangan from same hotel. Its basically Zarda but much more things are added in Matangan such as Khoya etc etc.
3) Gujranwala is famous for payee also. Some people like Ghani payee but i would recommend payaee from Khyber hotel. Tried many times and find the taste good. Khyber hotel is famous hotel located on Lari Adda of Gujranwala. He slaughter its own animals. His mutton qorma is also good. Payee are available in morning and taste is good. His Daal is also good and good combination with Mutton Qorma.
4) Salman Sweets if famouts sweet shop in Gujranwala and taste is great. No match with any shop in lahore. So much variety. Located in Model Town C Block.
5) One place which you should try is Meer Bakers located in Model Town Market. Its Chicken Patties is good but only good when freshly prepared. Ask any local person to bring patties only when they are freshly baked.
6) Halwa puri is good from Daal Bazar Market. Shop is small but taste is very good. You should take some local person with you so that he should take you to authentic shop. There are many shops and only local person know where to go.
7) You can take some local person and go to Rahwali to eat Kulfi. Many shops are now open and all claim to be genuine Kulfi.
Its my observation that people of gujranwala eat more than people of lahore. In lahore we have large variety of food but in gujranwala there are less variety but they eat more. They like desi dishes and dont like Pizza burger etc.